What's the weather like in your area? In England, it's very sunny and lovely, I guess it's summer time.
Today's post is to encourage anyone that may be facing any kind of sufferings and trials. This post is written from a Christian perspective.
Right Ways of enduring trials and sufferings
1) Be content to know WHO is in charge. Romans 8:28 says that: And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose.
2) Acknowledge that God is with you and talk to Him at all times. Hebrews 13:5b states that, for God has said: "I will never leave you; I will never abandon you".
3) God wants you to leave all your worries with Him because He cares for you and He wants to sort everything out for you. Are you wondering why? It's because He loves you.
4) Keep fellowship with other Christians. Do not isolate yourself. In the midst of storms, God usually sends the right people to encourage you. Ask God to also help you to sift the counsel that comes your way.
5) God said that, let us be concerned for one another, and help one another. And let us not give up the habit of meeting together, as some are doing. Instead, let us encourage one another all the more (Hebrews 10:24-25).
6) Know that God sets and knows your limits. The Bible says that there is no temptation that has overtaken you except such as is common to human beings; but God is faithful, He will make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it (1 Corinthians 10:13).
7) Wait for His perfect timing. Sometimes, God's time may appear as if it is taking too long but during the waiting, we develop patience, we rely more on God, we trust in Him more, and at the perfect time, God grants our requests.
8) The book of Ecclesiastes 3:1 tells us that, "To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven". This tells us that, we don't all live in the same time and season. You should never be jealous of others when they have what you are waiting on God to have. Wait for your time.
9) Trust in the Lord to guide you. God wants you to remember Him in everything that you do, He wants you to rely on Him and He will show you the right way. Pro 3:5-6
10) Wait upon the Lord. God said if you wait for Him to guide you, He will strengthen you and never make you weak. Isa 40:31
11) Seek the truth. In the place of trials and suffering, God does not want you to consult other gods, false prophets, divinations or witchcrafts. He wants you to seek the truth from Him. God said, "Call upon me and I will answer you and I will show you great and mighty things that you do not know" (Jeremiah 33:3). God may use people to guide you in the necessary steps to take.
12) Keep pure. God wants you to stay pure in your thought, action, conduct and in your words in the place of trials and sufferings. He wants our actions to be so good so that we won't be accused by Satan (1 Peter 2:12).
13) Master the anger. God said it is only the foolish that get angry easily. God wants you to be slow to getting angry, slow to speak and He wants you to listen more to what He is saying concerning your trials and sufferings.
Have you found this useful? Why not share it with others . . .
Next week post is going to be about wrong ways of enduring trials and sufferings.
- Myss Lafunky
A scripture that has always caught my attention on this matter is the verse which says there is no temptation too great that would befall a man. irrespective of the situation God has released upon you what it takes to come through. the situation was never designed to drown you for if it could it would not come.ReplyDelete
the first thing in dealing with trials is to get the understanding that it is not bigger than you you are above it hence you have deposited in you what it takes to overcome it. anchor safe on God and you will get the nuggets direction to come through smiling
Amen. Thanks anonymous. I agree with your comment. I pray that in the midst of storm, we will be able to see that there is no temptation that will befall us.Delete