There's a new lifestyle that the British Government has made everyone to comply with; this is the use of carrying our carrier bags in supermarkets and shopping mall. The bags are no longer free, you don't have a choice other than to comply, although there is still an option of paying for a carrier bag, I seldom see people buying carrier bags. Are people struggling to adjust to this new culture?
In relation to Christianity, God has been open with us, He has chosen not to set a trap for us to fail. In the Bible, He explained two different lifestyles and the results of following them.
- A life that believes in Jesus Christ
- A life that lives according to the guidelines set down by God
- A life that does not walk the road of those who rebel against God
- A life that is careful of the advice that he or she follows
- A life that constantly considers what God would think
- A life that is eager to do God's work.
- A life with beautiful characters
- A life that is open about their shortcomings with God
- A life that finds joy in allowing God's Word to shape their life
- A life that Christ rules everything about them
- A life that is uncomfortable when he or she has not hung out with God in a day
- A life that continues to be happy that they are living their life well in accordance with the Word of God
- A life that is always ready to learn
- A life that does not allow anything to separate him or her from the love of God
- A life of purity
- A life without pretence, and a life that is friendly and approachable
Outcome of Lifestyle 1
- Assurance of making heaven
- Protection by God
- Succeeds in everything they do
- Has a stable mind
- Experiences divine prosperity and favour from God.
- Generations after them enjoy prosperity from God.
- A life that is rewarded by God
- A life that flourish though, they may be despised by others
- A life that depends on their own wisdom and disregard the Word of God
- A life that believes it is impossible to live without sin
- A life that has no place to live according to the word of God
- A life that condemns God by their way of living
- A life that believes all things are possible without God
- A life of pretence, deceit, a life that deliberately cheat
- A life of murmuring
- A greedy life
- A life that keeps apart from being close friends with practising Christians
- A life that focuses on life on earth and disregard life after the earth
- A proud life
- A life that believes their kindness is sufficient to live on this earth or after this earth
Outcome of Lifestyle 2
- The end is ruin and the life comes to nought
- The end life leads to destruction and hell.
- Does not enjoy the goodness and blessings of God
- Faces God's judgement
- A life without substance
- A worthless life
- A life with temporary enjoyment but eternal condemnation
Psalm 1:1-6 says:
“BLESSED (HAPPY, fortunate, prosperous, and enviable) is the man who walks and lives not in the counsel of the ungodly [following their advice, their plans and purposes], nor stands [submissive and inactive] in the path where sinners walk, nor sits down [to relax and rest] where the scornful [and the mockers] gather.
But his delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on His law (the precepts, the instructions, the teachings of God) he habitually meditates (ponders and studies) by day and by night. [Rom. 13:8-10; Gal. 3:1-29; II Tim. 3:16.]
And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity]. [Jer. 17:7, 8.]
Not so the wicked [those disobedient and living without God are not so]. But they are like the chaff [worthless, dead, without substance] which the wind drives away.
Therefore the wicked [those disobedient and living without God] shall not stand [justified] in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous [those who are upright and in right standing with God].
For the Lord knows and is fully acquainted with the way of the righteous, but the way of the ungodly [those living outside God's will] shall perish (end in ruin and come to nought).” (Amplified Version).
Which lifestyle are you living?
Have a lovely week ahead
- Myss LafunkyPhoto Credit: applevalleychurchblog.wordpress.com