Hello Readers & Followers,
How is your week going? I hope you are well.
I'd like to briefly teach on how we can use our mouths as Christians. What does the Word of God say about the use of our mouths?
Ephesians 4:29 says "Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them."
God is wanting you to say the right thing at the right time and help others by what you say. The Bible says that the words of a wise person's mouth are gracious (Ecclesiastes 10:12). Are your words gracious?
When you speak, don’t say anything bad but say the good things that people need—whatever will help them grow stronger. Then what you say will be a blessing to those who hear you.
Proverbs 21:23 says "Those who guard their mouths and their tongues keep themselves from calamity."
- Are you saying the things that will help others grow stronger?
- When you are frustrated, what comes out of your mouth?
- When you are happy, what comes out of your mouth?
- When you say something behind someone, what comes out of your mouth?
I'd like to encourage you to avoid using your mouth when:
1) You don't have all the facts. Proverbs 18:13 says He who answers a matter before he hears the facts—it is foolishness and disgraceful.
2) In the heat of anger. Proverbs 14:17 says Someone with a quick temper does foolish things [makes stupid mistakes], but someone with understanding remains calm.
3) When your words will destroy a relationship.
4) When it is time to listen. James 1:19 says My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.
5) If your words will damage a person's reputation. Proverbs 16:27 says Troublemakers create disasters. Their advice destroys like a wildfire.
6) If you will regret your words later. Proverbs 8:8 says Every word I speak is honest, not one is misleading or deceptive.
7) If you are going to lie. Proverbs 4:24 says Never tell lies or be deceitful in what you say.
Let everything you say show that you love God.
Have you gained something?
Can I please ask you to take a pause and say this prayer?
Dear Lord, I know that I have fallen short with my words, please forgive me. I am sorry for the ways that I used my words corruptly. Let your power work in me so that I can speak only what is good. Teach me how to speak. Help me, Lord Jesus.
I love hearing from you in the comment section. Please take a minute to say ‘hello’ by leaving a comment.