Hello Readers & Followers,
It's a New Month! Its July! Happy New Month! Thank God for preserving our lives to see the new month. The Psalmist says in the Book of Psalm 103:2 that "Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things He does for me."
God wants us to REGULARLY thank Him for the numerous blessings that we have in Christ as it is so easy to focus on what is yet to happen. Ephesians 5:20 says "Always use the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to thank God the Father for everything." When last did you thank God for everything that He has done for you, and still doing for you?
The fact that you are alive, there is hope for you. Thus, there is a reason to thank God. Ecclesiastes 9:4 says "As long as we are alive, we still have hope, just as a live dog is better off than a dead lion."
Let me share 12 REASONS YOU SHOULD GIVE THANKS TO GOD
1) Thank God for creating you, and thank God for the salvation of your soul and your family. When last did you give thanks to God for your salvation? Don’t allow salvation to become common. It is the most wonderful gift you will ever receive. Have a read at 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14 and Psalm 139:13-14.
2) Thank God for loving you. Jeremiah 31:3 says "The Lord says, I have loved you with a love that lasts forever and so with unfailing love, I have drawn you to myself."
3) Thank God for giving you the power to overcome sin. 1 Corinthians 10:13 says "The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, He will show you a way out so that you can endure."
4) Thank God for the Holy Spirit that is working in you and helping you to do what pleases God. Philippians 2:13 says "For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him."
5) Thank God for always being good to you. Psalm 118:1 says "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever."
6) Thank God because you are alive. Only those alive can give thanks to the Lord. Psalm 6:5 says "If I die, I cannot praise you or even remember you."
7) Thank God for watching over you when you go out.
8) Thank God for meeting your daily needs, and for all the physical blessings He has given you.
9) Thank God for your family and friends.
10) Thank God for all the time He has come through for you.
11) Thank God for the mercy of God that you receive every day. Great His God's faithfulness. His mercies are new every day (Lamentations 3:23).
12) Thank God for filling you with His joy and peace every day (Romans 15:13).
Are there other things that you'd like to thank God for? I love hearing from you in the comment section. Please take a minute to say ‘hello’ by leaving a comment. Feel free to contribute to this topic.
I have a free e-book for you. The book (15 Women of the Bible: How they lived a Purpose Driven Life). This e-book was written by my Bible Study Group. To download on Google Drive for free, click here.