Hello Readers & Followers,
Thank God It's Friday!
In today's post, we shall look into the importance of pleasing God whilst we wait for the fulfilment of God's promise.
Let's briefly look at the story of Abraham and Sarah (known at the time as Abram and Sarai).
The Son of Promise
As Abraham and Sarah were waiting to bear children, God promised Abraham that he would have a son, a son of his own flesh and blood (Genesis 15:4-5).
Abraham's Implementation of God's Promise
As Abraham and Sarah were yet to have children, Sarah suggested to her husband that she had a maidservant whose name was Hagar and she asked Abraham to sleep with her maidservant as she may be able to conceive for Abraham. Abraham heeded to the voice of Sarah and went in to Hagar and she conceived and bore a son (Ishamel) for Abraham (Genesis 16:1-5).
Did Abraham ask God if the son he was promised was meant to come through Sarah's maidservant?
Did Abraham seek God's view about Sarah's suggestion?
God's Implementation of His Promise
God reiterated His promise of giving Abraham a son and asked Abraham to walk blamelessly before Him. Even though Sarah was very old, God made her conceive and she bore a son for Abraham in their very old age (Genesis 17-18).
Lessons to Meditate On
1) When God has promised you something, rest assured that He will bring the promise to pass. The time God will bring the promise to pass will be the perfect time for you (Ecclesiastes 3:11).
2) You do not need to help God to bring the promise/prophecy to pass. Nevertheless, if God would like you to undertake a task that will support in bringing the prophecy to pass, the Lord will direct you on what to do.
3) Do you know that God will not allow you to sin or lead you to engage in wrongdoings before His promises for your life can come to pass? In the story of Abraham, God did not lead Abraham to commit adultery with his wife's servant, he followed his wife's suggestion.
4) God is concerned that some people are helping themselves by engaging in things that are ungodly to expedite the prophecy that He has promised them. Engaging in ungodly things to expedite God's promises to come to pass in your life will not please God.
5) God is saying to you, come back to me, repent.
To repent is to:
Change your inner self, your old way of thinking (Matthew 4:17 AMP version)
Regret past sins (AMP version)
Seek God's purpose for your life (AMP version)
Change your mind for the better (AMPC version)
Heartily amend your ways with abhorrence of your past sins (AMPC version)
Change your hearts and lives (CEB version)
Turn away from your sins (NLT version)
Turn to God and change the way you think and act, because the kingdom of heaven is near! (GW version)
Be sorry for your sins and turn from them (NLV version).
God would like you to wait on Him to bring the specific prophecy for your life to pass. God always fulfils His promises; His promises are Yes and Amen! (2 Corinthians 1:20). I recognise that naturally, it's not easy to wait on God for something you really desire or something God has promised you. I would like to remind you that God wants the best for you and it is His desire for you to obtain the promise.
If you ever feel discouraged as you wait on God, ask God to strengthen you. Also, ask your Christian friends to pray with you.
God's Word for you as you wait on Him:
"Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God (Philippians 4:6 AMPC version)."
As you go into this weekend, I would like you to pause for 2 minutes to ask the Holy Spirit to help you as you depend on God's promises for your life. You can pray the same prayer for anyone that the Lord impresses on your heart.
Have a lovely weekend!
I have a free e-book for you. The book (15 Women of the Bible: How they lived a Purpose Driven Life). This e-book was written by my Bible Study Group. To download on Google Drive for free, click here.