Hello Readers & Followers,
It's another week! Do you feel ready for this new week? Or would you like a longer weekend? If I could choose, I'd want every single day to be a weekend; if only we can get our wishes come through. This week's post is about our thought processes and some common sense saying that we say or think. Are they really common sense? or uncommon sense? What does God think of our common sense?
Common Sense 🆚 God's Word
- Common sense questions: why are some world leaders so horrible?
- God says: Trust me, I haven't lost control, I can turn the leader's heart in any direction I choose (Proverbs 21:1).
- Common sense says: I need to work this much so that I can live very comfortable.
- God says: Do not wear yourself out to get rich; be smart enough to stop making yourself uncomfortable, depend on God for wealth that you can enjoy and be comfortable with (Proverbs 23:4, Ecclesiastes 5:19 & 1 Timothy 6:17).
- Common sense says: My own money is not enough, so why should I give to people that are poor?
- God says: Whoever gives to the poor will not be in need, but he who ignores the poor receives many curses (Proverbs 28:27).
- Common sense says: When I am angry, I let it out as it is difficult to hold it in.
- God says: A fool vents all his feelings, but a wise person controls what he or she says (Proverbs 29:11).
- Common sense says: It's best to visit my neighbour/friend every time.
- God says: Do not visit your neighbour's house too often otherwise, your neighbour or friend may see too much of you and hate you (Proverbs 25:17).
- Common sense says: It's not easy to rely on anyone's word as people are not reliable.
- God says: Come to me, rely on me, I am reliable, my word is always true and it has proven to be true (Proverbs 30:5)
- Common sense says: No one knows what I have done wrong and nobody needs to know.
- God says: You need to tell me everything that you have done wrong and you need to abandon those things ( Proverbs 28:13).
- Common sense says: It's okay to get away with things that God says are wrong as God is very old school.
- God says: Consequences are certain for doing things that are against my Word (Romans 6:23).
- Common sense says: The more you accumulate money, the more you get richer.
- God says: Give freely and become more wealthy; be stingy and lose everything (Proverbs 11:24).
The charge for this week is for you to know that common sense is not God's sense. In other words, you can't always follow common sense in fulfilling God's purpose.
Have a lovely week. See you next week Monday for another post.
- Mysses Lafunky
Wow! What a great testament as to the truth of God’s words. Thanks for making it so plain.ReplyDelete
You are welcome. Thank you Brittany for taking your time to read and comment.Delete
Wonderful list! God's word is always wise! Our common sense is not. His ways are perfect!ReplyDelete
Indeed God's ways are perfect! This reminds me of a scripture in the bible that says that God's ways are not our ways. Thank you Ruth for your wonderful comment.Delete
God's ways are far greater and better than man's way but any man who align his taught to God's word is wise.Delete
I really like your reference to God's ways are BETTER than our way. Indeed! In the midst of trials may God help every believer to know that He has better plans for us all.Delete
Yes, common sense is sometimes not as sensible as it seems. God's sense is always on point. God's sense should guide our common sense. I see you sis.ReplyDelete
That's true re: common sense is sometimes not as sensible as it seems. Thank God for God's sense that is always on point. Thank you for stopping by, sis.Delete