Hello Readers & Followers,
How was your weekend? I hope you have had a lovely weekend. Once again, thank you for visiting Mysses Lafunky's blog. I'm glad you're here. This week's post is a continuation of my previous post. Please click here to read last week's post.
We were taught by the Holy Spirit that a self-centred life does not come from God as it is a life that focuses on one's own needs, interests, skills, gifts, and many more. Today's post will be encouraging us to embrace a Christ-centred life using some biblical principles which are centred on the Word of God. The Holy Spirit would also like us to undertake a spiritual detox of our lives.
1) To live a Christ-centred life is to live the way the Holy Spirit leads you even when it appears difficult to practice (Galatians 5:16).
2) To live a Christ-centred life is to say no to the desires of the flesh that are contrary to the Word of God (Galatians 5:19-25).
3) To live a Christ-centred life is to make a conscious effort to reflect God's image in your life. 2 Corinthians 3:18 says: "And our faces are not covered. We all show the Lord’s glory, and we are being changed to be like him. This change in us brings more and more glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."
4) To live a Christ-centred life is to make a conscious effort to honour God in your thoughts, actions, and wherever you find yourself (1 Corinthians 10:31).
5) To live a Christ-centred life is to make a conscious effort to grow in your knowledge of God so that you can walk in God's truth rather than the world's way of thinking and living. To know God's truth, you need to feed on the Word of God continually. Learn to evaluate your actions with God's truth and not the undiluted truth by others.
6) A Christ-centred life focuses on giving rather than receiving. This could be about impacting lives, encouraging others, helping others, building others up, and many more. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 20:26: "But that is not the way it is among you. Anyone among you who wants to be great will help the others (WE translation)." Some other version says anyone who wants to become great must serve the rest of you like a servant or a minister.
7) A Christ-centred life will remain faithful unto God and will do everything possible to oppose the devil's strategies and deceits (Ephesians 6:11).
How did you find your spiritual detox exercise? Let's take time to ask the Holy Spirit to help us to be like Christ in all that we do and think.
If you have been blessed by this post, would you like to share it? You can share it with your friends, Christian friends, a family member, on a Christian group, or on your social media platforms through the links below.
Sharing is caring.
I am praying for God's presence to be with you today. Have a lovely week!
Mysses Lafunky's blog is going to be 8 years old on 11th December 2020. Praise be to God for the last years. It's going to be a new beginning. I shall be starting an Instagram page dedicated to everything about the blog. Please follow me on Instagram -@ Mysses Lafunky.