Hello Readers and Followers,
Welcome to another Christianity Explored Interview. Our guest today is a fellow blogger, Busola.
Follow me as Myss Lafunky (ML) finds more about Busola (BM)
ML: Tell us a little bit about yourself
BM: My name is Oluwabusola Majekodunmi, however, I am known as Busola for short. Biologically, I am the last born from a family of 4, I have two elder brothers. I am a love child of a love God, passionate about young people and education, a graduate of Economics but currently an entrepreneur and I also run an education social enterprise called Steer to Greatness.
ML: When did you become a Christian, a born again Christian?
BM: My christian journey I would say started when I was in my mother's womb 😊, I was born into a Christian family, so going to church, praying, reading the Bible was part of my childhood. However, when I started seeking to know God for myself and understand Christianity myself was in 2003. Prior to this time, I had lost my mother at age 7 and became a withdrawn and shy child, then one blessed Sunday (unfortunately, I can't remember the exact date), I heard a defining message about God as our Father and I gave my life to Christ that day. However, I won't say I completely understood that decision, because I remember it took about 4 years for me to stop going forward for an altar call after a "touching sermon". One day when I was 17, I had my own personal God encounter and started understanding what Christianity truly meant.
ML: How has the journey been?
BM: The journey has been beautiful, nevertheless, I have had a few times when I strayed, became distracted, but it's been beautiful because God always calls my name and through His Spirit helps me examine myself when I am not in His will. This past 14 years, I have seen God at work that I have come to know and trust in Jesus for myself not because I was born into a family of believers. I have encountered the Holy of Holies that there is no other place I want to be.
ML: What has Christianity taught you?
BM: Christianity has taught me a lot of things, I would try to be brief.
- It has taught me that JESUS is the only way to be saved. It is by putting complete trust in the finished work of Christ that we are saved.
- It has taught me that LOVE is all we truly need in this world. The God kind of love, the 1 Corinthians 13 love and that God works this love in us.
- I have learnt that Christianity is God reaching out to man, it is not a religion, it is about relationship, God is my Father, I am adopted through the completed work of Christ on Calvary and His Spirit is living in me as a seal for my salvation, helping me on this journey to eternity.
- I am created in Christ Jesus unto good works, so I do good not to be saved because Christ has already done that when I believed in Him, it is my new nature to be like Christ, to show forth heaven on earth (everywhere Christ went He did good)
- I have learnt that eternal life is not just what I expect to have in heaven when I die or when the trumpet sounds, it is the life I now live while on earth here, the Zoe, God-kind of life, so what can't affect Jesus can't and should not affect me. Eternal life is knowing God and Jesus Christ whom He has sent.
ML: Is this a journey that you want to continue in or stop?
BM: Stop ke? No Oo! It is a journey/relationship I want to continue. I am in love with Jesus, He is in love with me. It continues for all eternity. Christianity is enjoying the love of God, who wants to stop being in love? My daily prayer is to see Him clearly, love Him dearly and follow Him nearly
ML: Any tips for our readers who are contemplating whether they should be a born again Christian or not or to anyone feeling discouraged about their relationship with God?
BM: My advice is that you would open your heart/mind to receive the light of the glorious gospel of Jesus. It's not a call to escape condemnation only, it's a call to know the love of God that is simply indescribable. It's a call to live a purpose driven life. It's a call to enter into a glorious destiny. If you are struggling with your relationship with God, my word to you is this - Tell God as it is. Don't be afraid to approach the throne of grace just as you are and receive mercy and grace (divine empowerment) that you need to enjoy your walk with God. Jesus lives daily to make intercession for you, He is the great high priest who understands what you are going through and wants to help you, that's why you have the Holy Spirit.
ML: Thank you for sharing your journey with the readers of Myss Lafunky's Blog.
BM: I pray that this has blessed you.
Busola can be reached via her blog : diaryofapatrioticnigerian.wordpress.com/
Please, remember to check Busola's education social enterprise Facebook page. It's called: Steer to Greatness.
Watch out for the last two Christianity Explored interviews in the coming weeks.
Have a great week.