Meet Anne . . .
Anne started her Year 2015 by asking God to direct how she should live her life. Thereafter, Anne embarked on a time of fasting and prayer for 40 days. In this period, she prayed to God on a daily basis. During the course of her fasting and prayer, she had asked God to reveal His plans for her life. This experience was new to Anne because in previous years, she would have written specific plans and goals for her life. However, in year 2015, Anne felt a nudge in her spirit to allow God to direct her and to make God's purpose her purpose.
It is usually said that the more we seek to make God's purpose our purpose, the more we will be led to give way to His working and His strength and the more will God be glorified.
During her 40 days of fasting and prayer, Anne struggled as there were several opportunities that nearly led her to give up but she persisted and continued through and she was strengthened as the scriptures had said in Isa 40:31 and Ps 27:14.
On the 38th day of her fasting, God spoke to Anne through a vision, God told her the following:
- I would like you to be praying for your work colleagues every day, pray for their salvation.
- I would like you to be visiting your local youth community centre by volunteering once a week.
- I would like you to give half of your income to the local widows charity for the next 12 months.
- I would like you to speak less this year and also, do not share this vision with others apart from your husband.
Anne became anxious when God revealed His plans for her life for the year, she felt she would not be able to achieve the tasks, nevertheless, she was confident that she heard from God, so, she prayed to God for help and guidance.
On the 30th December 2015, Anne reflected on how her year had been, she discovered that she had achieved the tasks that God instructed her to do. She also noticed that her wish to lose weight was fulfilled, perhaps this was due to the fasting :). Something amazing also occurred, on the 31st December 2015, Anne received a cheque from an organisation that realised that they had owed her a large sum of money. Anne also noticed that her son's speech, which was delayed and which she had numerously prayed about, had immensely improved.
Some of the lessons that Anne learned in Year 2015:
- God miraculously favoured me and my family while I undertook the tasks that He gave me.
- Seek God because of your love for Him.
- Commit your day, your life, and your year to God.
- Communicate with God on a daily basis.
- There are several distractions in the world, albeit among some Christians, particularly those that you place highly, remember to stick to what God has told you.
- God can use you as well, are you ready to be used by Him?
- It sometimes takes stepping out of your comfort zone to serve God acceptably.
Were you able to learn anything from Anne's experience?
- Myss Lafunky
Photo Credit: http://www.lovethispic.com/